It’s no secret that social media has grown to be an important tool in the employment process. As the world becomes more dependent on technology, there are more and more people posting, tweeting, and pinning. And now, employers are able to leverage social media to determine good, or bad, hires.
Here are some positive and negative findings that can be discovered using social media:
Applicant Social Media Positive Findings
- Applicants’ personality
- Applicants’ professional qualifications
- Applicants’ creative capabilities
- Applicants’ communication skills
- Applicants’ references
- Applicants’ industry recognition
Applicant Social Media Red Flags
- Inappropriate photographs
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Discrepancies in qualifications
- Discriminatory/ prejudice posts
- Negative comments about previous employer
Social media can be a great tool in getting an uncensored look into the character, personality, and qualifications of your potential new hires. Use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn effectively to confirm the applicant’s compatibility or incompatibility with the position and, more importantly, the company.
To learn more about pre-employment background checks, contact eVerifile and speak with a specialist today.